Recruiting Services for Clients
Career Guidance for Partners
Career Guidance for Associates
Diversity in the Workplace
Frequently Asked Questions
INTERVIEWING TIPS FOR LATERAL ASSOCIATES
Preparing for the interview:
- Examine your professional goals
- Research organization thoroughly
- Create list of questions to ask
- Prepare answers to interview questions
- Know your resume
- Review your work: history, cases, and substantive knowledge
- Think about any concerns an employer may have about you,
and how you will address these concerns
- Clarify the employer's need and expectations for the position
Questions to expect as a lateral:
- What are your substantive areas of expertise?
- Why are you looking/leaving for a new position?
- What was said at your last evaluation?
- What will the individuals who supervise your work say about you?
- How much client contact have you had?
- What are you looking for in a new position?
- What are your long term goals?
- What do you know about us?
- Why do you want to join our firm?
- Why should we hire you?
Qualities the employer is seeking in a candidate:
- Personality fit
- Professional image
- Goal orientation
- Knowledge and skills
- Positive attitude